activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject distributions using apache mirrors
Date Sun, 25 Feb 2007 13:20:27 GMT
Hi guys,
I had to go through some hoops over the past couple of weeks to fit the
activemq-cpp source distributions into the apache model, so I'd like to
share what I've done ...

First off, I used this page as a reference:
http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-guide-bodewig.html
.

Apache mirrors everything under /www.www.apache.org/dist.  We have had the
infrastructure team add a directory under there for activemq.  All you need
in order to write to this directory is to be a member of the activemq
group.  If you're not, you'll have to create an infrastructure issue to get
yourself added.  Under the dir activemq,  I created the directory
activemq-cpp/source for the source distributions of amq-cpp.

Under the source dir, I've just dropped all the archive files (*.zip,
*.tar.gz, *.zip.asc, *.tar.gz.asc) for the release versions.  (NOTE: After
you add files here, you should wait about 24 hours before notifying the
lists since it takes a while for all the mirrors to pick up the files).

>From the download page, I've changed the links to make use of an apache CGI
script to handle the mirrors.  This is a quick and dirty way of doing this,
but it works until we come up with a better way.  An example usage of the
link is the url below:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/activemq/activemq-cpp/source/activemq-cpp-1.1-src.zip

The cgi script "closer.cgi" takes a file resource relative to
www/www.apache.org/dist and generates a download page for it with the list
of mirrors.

To see this in action, go to the amq-cpp 1.1 download page here:
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-cpp-11-release.html

... and click on one of the archives.  You'll be taken to a generic-looking
download page.

Like I said, this is a quick and dirty for now, but it works! :)

Regards,
Nate