activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULT] Release ActiveMQ-CPP 1.1
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:52:26 GMT
Ok, I've got a basic idea of what needs to be done.  This seems to be the
best page I've found so far:
http://www.apache.org/dev/mirror-guide-bodewig.html.

We're going to need someone with permission to write to
/www/www.apache.org/dist to create:

/www/www.apache.org/dist/activemq
/www/www.apache.org/dist/activemq/activemq-cpp
/www/www.apache.org/dist/activemq/activemq-cpp/source

All of the directories will have to be owned by group activemq and be group
writable (new group?).

Once we have those directories available, we can drop our archives in.  This
directory is automatically mirrored.

Linking to the mirrors from the download page is a little trickier.  There
appears to be a quick-and-dirty which we might be able to take advantage of
for a first-pass.  It looks like there's a CGI script that we can use to
send people to the mirrors.  We would just embed it in our download url,
like so:

http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi<our path minus
http://www.apache.org/dist prefix>

(e.g.) http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/activemq/activemq-cpp/source

If we want to do mirroring the "right" way, there is a bit more to it
(discussed in the link at the top).

Nate