activemq-dev mailing list archives

From sparky2708 <da...@columbia.edu>
Subject PLEASE HELP ASAP: C#/.NET implementation CRASHES on Connection Startup
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 15:25:51 GMT

Sorry, for posting this twice but I wasn't sure where to post it. I posted
this in the "User" forum but didn't get a reply. If you could
please,please,please address this issue as I am completely stuck with the C#
NMS client.

THE ISSUE:
A few days ago I checked out the latest C#/.NET code using svn as per the
instructions on the website. Revision: "Checked out revision 501459". I
built the code without any problems but am now trying to run it in VS2005.
>From the debugger it looks like the error occurs when I call
_connection.Start()  Here is my code:

private IConnection _connection;
private string JMS_URL = "tcp://localhost:61616";

public MessageManager() {
        IConnectionFactory connectionFactory = new ConnectionFactory(new
Uri(JMS_URL));
        _connection = connectionFactory.CreateConnection();
        _connection.ExceptionListener += new
ExceptionListener(_connection_ExceptionListener);
        _connection.Start();
}

 void _connection_ExceptionListener(Exception exception)
    {
        Console.WriteLine("Received Exception from JMS: " + exception);
    }

In the console window I get:

Received Exception from JMS: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference
not
 set to an instance of an object.
   at ActiveMQ.Transport.WireFormatNegotiator.OnCommand(ITransport sender,
Comma
nd command)
   at ActiveMQ.Transport.Tcp.TcpTransport.ReadLoop()