activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Aleksi Kallio <aleksi.kal...@csc.fi>
Subject Re: BlobMessage support for sending out-of-band BLOBs (was Re: FileMessage: we would like to contribute
Date Mon, 26 Feb 2007 13:06:08 GMT
> So lets go with BlobMessage for now (as in Binary Large Object, like
> JDBC and databases do?)

Sounds good and pragmatical, and people are familiar with the concept
already.

> * wrap up a server side uploader implementation; e.g. a little
> embedded Jetty which can support GET  PUT/POST and DELETE operations
> on a web URL for doing RESTful acess to local files which can then be
> embedded either in producers (for cases where consumers connect
> directly to producers) or inside brokers, which is a more common
> scenario.
>
> Do you fancy diving in and trying to tackle some of the above?

I'll do that. Streaming was our preferred implementation, but now that
that I think about it having a Jetty or something similar would be good
at least for our piloting purposes. Actually it might the best way to go
even in our production system. I'll start digging into it!