activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Albert Strasheim" <>
Subject Re: c++ profiler
Date Sun, 11 Feb 2007 07:06:02 GMT
Hello all

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nathan Mittler" <>
To: <>
Cc: <>
Sent: Saturday, February 10, 2007 1:30 PM
Subject: c++ profiler

> Hi everyone,
> The ActiveMQ-CPP team is looking for a C++ profiler that will work on
> Linux
> and OS X.  I was wondering what the APR team uses and if there is a
> profiler
> that is freely available to Apache members.  Any info would be much
> appreciated.

These are all Linux-specific, but I've had good experiences with all of

GNU gprof

All the tools will probably need you to compile with -g to get useful line
numbers out. gprof also needs some other compiler flags (check the man

Don't know if this is still valid, but gprof might have issues with
multithreaded applications:

View raw message