activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Broker Fails
Date Tue, 02 Jan 2007 16:34:22 GMT
On 1/2/07, garima015 <garima_indiya@rediffmail.com> wrote:

> I am not using network of brokers.I have a scenario in which if my running
> broker fails or get shutdown what is going to  happen with the messages.

If they are sent using persistent message delivery they will be on
disk / in the database and redelivered on restart.

> Also
> if broker shutdown where my application will send the message in order to
> restore them once the borker will start again. Also how the restarted borker
> will resume with the undelivered messages
> can somebody please help me in suggesting any solution. It is very urgent

If you are using auto-reconnection then the jms client will handle
brokers being restarted or will failover to a new broker instance etc.

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-can-i-support-auto-reconnection.html
--

James
-------