activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Guillaume Nodet" <gno...@gmail.com>
Subject Dedicated ActiveMQ pooled ConnectionFactory with XA / JCA support
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 10:40:11 GMT
I have committed in jencks some work I have done the past weeks
on a pooled ConnectionFactory for ActiveMQ.
This add the following features:
   * multiple connections are used to improve throughput (until the
AMQ broker is multithreaded)
   * support for XA transactions: when creating a session, if an XA
transaction is active,
     the session will be enlisted in this transaction
   * support for JCA : if used with JCA inbound support, there is a
need to wrap the
      XAResource so that the TM knows that both XA resources belongs to the same
      ResourceManager

Support for XA / JCA is much faster than the JCA outbound support
because the AMQ resource adapter reverts the connection in a fully clean state
after use.  This may be needed when dealing with container managed security,
but when this feature is not used, I would recommend using this pooled
connection factories, which performs much better.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet