activemq-dev mailing list archives

From John Heitmann <jheitm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: createConsumer(Quque)
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 19:40:50 GMT
Recovery using the existing persistence stores is very resource
intensive, and occurs by default when the queue is autovivified. You
can alleviate the problem somewhat by forcing queue recovery at
startup by explicitly listing the queue in your broker config:

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/configure-startup-destinations.html

That will mean startup takes ages, but then the first queue consumer
to join won't be so bad off.

If you have large messages and a large prefetch then you might also
be getting hurt by the initial prefetch burst. As a test try lowering
prefetch to 1 and see if there's a performance difference.

John