activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <>
Subject Re: Undocumented stomp header?
Date Tue, 19 Dec 2006 16:47:27 GMT

On Dec 17, 2006, at 9:58 AM, Nathan Mittler wrote:

> Hey guys,
> I was just looking at the stomp transport and noticed what appears
> to be an
> undocumented extension to stomp adding a header for subscription ID
> (literally the string "id" on the wire) to the subscribe and
> unsubscribe
> frames.  I have just a few questions:

Yep, this is the subscription id in activemq. It is added, as well,
it might be useful :-)

> 1) Is this equivalent to a consumer id? ... meaning that the client
> application can use this value to subscribe multiple times to the same
> destination through the same connection?

I cannot think of any way to accomplish this in the stomp connector,
but in theory, yes.

> 2) Is there any reason that not providing this header might cause the
> 4.1broker to throw an exception on an unsubscribe, but not
> 4.0.2?

It shouldn't even be used, actually.

> 3) Is this header documented anywhere?  I did not see it here
> or here

Nope, is there for informational purposes if you are looking at JMX,

View raw message