activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Nathan Mittler" <nathan.mitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Undocumented stomp header?
Date Sun, 17 Dec 2006 17:58:30 GMT
Hey guys,
I was just looking at the stomp transport and noticed what appears to be an
undocumented extension to stomp adding a header for subscription ID
(literally the string "id" on the wire) to the subscribe and unsubscribe
frames.  I have just a few questions:

1) Is this equivalent to a consumer id? ... meaning that the client
application can use this value to subscribe multiple times to the same
destination through the same connection?
2) Is there any reason that not providing this header might cause the
4.1broker to throw an exception on an unsubscribe, but not
4.0.2?
3) Is this header documented anywhere?  I did not see it here
http://www.activemq.org/site/stomp.html or here
http://stomp.codehaus.org/Protocol

Thanks,
Nate