activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Switching to ActiveMQ 4.2 to Java 5???
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 16:48:50 GMT
Hi folks,

How do you guys feel about switching the minimum run time requirement
for ActiveMQ 4.2 to be Java 5??  I'm itching to do this since Java 5
has a much better set of concurrent implementation.

We can keep the 4.1.x branch alive as the Java 1.4 compatible version.
 Also I have a feeling that once we switch to Java 5, someone will
figure out how to use retrotranslator to make our Java 5 binaries also
run on Java 1.4.  But I doubt anybody will make any efforts to look
into that until we actually jump to Java 5.

So what do you say?  Shall we switch ??

--
Regards,
Hiram