activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Lets vote: activemq-cpp-1.0 release
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 01:46:50 GMT
On 11/13/06, Nathan Mittler <nathan.mittler@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Hiram,
> So how does the PMC vote on releases?  Do we need to have a RC available for
> download - or will they just sort of take the ppmc's word for it and vote it
> in?

Yes, they vote on the RC artifacts that we just voted on.  They will
also review the distribution for any possible legal issues.  Here's a
simple template you can use for your vote email to the incubator
lists:

http://www.nabble.com/-VOTE--Release-Apache-ActiveMQ-4.0.2-%28RC-6%29-tf2537153.html

Things like the "[VOTE]" subject header and the '[ ] +1 Release the
binary .... [ ] -1 Veto the release... " in the email make it easy for
folks identify it as a vote thread and easier for them to submit their
vote.

> Also, is there anything else we need to do in advance?  Updates to the
> website, etc?

Well some sort of release notes for on the website would be nice. For
example, I would recommend you add a page similar to:
http://activemq.com/site/activemq-410-release.html
and link to it from http://activemq.com/site/download.html

If you've never used our wiki, it's a simple, just hit the edit link
at the bottom of every page.

--
Regards,
Hiram