activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "jk@penguinsfan.com" ...@penguinsfan.com>
Subject Store Pending Performance
Date Tue, 28 Nov 2006 00:04:43 GMT

This is using durable subscription with the store pending cursor.

With a modest number of messages (~ 100,000 msgs x 10 kilobytes each) queued
up for an offline durable subscriber, I am seeing a substantial decrease in
producer enqueue performance once the durable subscriber comes online.  For
example, performance can fall to < 10 messages per second.  I am seeing this
even with the Kaha store.

(I'd much rather see the consumer performance go down than this much impact
on a producer.)

Any ideas?