activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Endre StĂžlsvik <Apa...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.1.0 (RC 2)
Date Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:05:19 GMT
[I intially sent with wrong "From:" - sorry if double-posting]

Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> I think the problem comes from the fact that the xsds are not generated
> in their default locations (target/xbean).
> Changing the configuration to:
>  <schema>target/xbean/activemq.xsd</schema>
> should work.

At that point they'll magically jump into some good place in the jar,
being acessible in the classpath, and the spring.schemas will contain
the right info?

What about the actual, physical URL I mentioned? Shouldn't the xsd also
actually be accessible from some "nice-looking" URL somewhere @ apache.com?

And finally, I wonder why spring's own spring.schema fila have /actual/
URLs as reference? Spring's spring.schema file have lines like this:

http\://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd=org/springframework/beans/factory/xml/spring-beans-2.0.xsd

See, given that spring's namespace-definitions look like this:
   "http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans
http://www.springframework.org/schema/beans/spring-beans-2.0.xsd"

While ActiveMQ's look like this:
   "http://activemq.org/config/1.0
http://people.apache.org/repository/org.apache.activemq/xsds/activemq-core-4.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT.xsd"

One would deduce that the URL which is "matched" in the spring.schemas
are the _latter_, not the _former_ of these URLS.

PS: Just to do a fast check, I ripped the network cable out of my
machine, and tried to start my application with current snapshot (where
ActiveMQ is configured as suggested on
http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/spring-support.html). This was the
result (with full stop as result):

This is fine:
-----------------
563 [main] DEBUG
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.ResourceEntityResolver  -
Attempting to resolve XML Schema
[http://www.springframework.org/schema/aop/spring-aop-2.0.xsd] using
[org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.PluggableSchemaResolver]

This isn't:
--------------
578 [main] DEBUG
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.ResourceEntityResolver  -
Attempting to resolve XML Schema
[http://people.apache.org/repository/org.apache.activemq/xsds/activemq-core-4.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT.xsd]

using [org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.PluggableSchemaResolver]
766 [main] WARN
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader  - Ignored
XML validation warning
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: schema_reference.4: Failed to read schema
document
'http://people.apache.org/repository/org.apache.activemq/xsds/activemq-core-4.1-incubator-SNAPSHOT.xsd',

because 1) could not find the document; 2) the document could not be
read; 3) the root element of the document is not <xsd:schema>.
	at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:195)

[snip - any element using "amq" wouldn't parse after this, obviously..]

I then inserted it again, restart, and it went fine.

Kind regards,
Endre