activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Valerie Lavilla" <Valerie.Lavi...@simulalabs.com>
Subject Re: Qustion about "Broker"!
Date Mon, 13 Nov 2006 04:43:34 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "penny_hu" <penny_hu191@126.com>
To: <activemq-dev@geronimo.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, November 13, 2006 11:04 AM
Subject: Qustion about "Broker"!

> who could introduce "Broker" for me please? when should i need it?

JMS broker is basically a JMS server. It's a physical component that handles
the communication between clients. Instead of communicating with each other,
clients communicate only with the message broker. A client sends a message
to the message broker, providing the logical name of the receivers. The
message broker looks up client registered under the logical name and then
passes the message to them.

> in the "ProducerAndConsumerTool" example, there is no "Broker"! is it
> means
> that "Broker" is not a requisite for commucation with jms ?

In the producer/consumer example, you must run the broker first (that is by
running activemq) before  running the producer and consumer.

You can read more about JMS here: http://java.sun.com/products/jms/tutorial/

HTH,
Val