activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ajax/ActiveMQ integration with myFaces, Portlets, Spring frameworks ?
Date Tue, 31 Oct 2006 15:20:47 GMT
On 10/30/06, jt_rm <jagdip_talla@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Dear James,
>
>  We would like to use Ajax/ActiveMQ (AMQ servlets) for server-push feature
> in some of our usecases in the
> webapplication project.
>
> We are shortlisting to use opensource AppFuse application using  MyFaces -
> Spring - Hibernbate
> frameworks for our webapplication development.
> Attached is our understanding of Ajax/ActiveMQ architecture.
>
> We would like to know whether   ActiveMQ-Ajax servlets
>  provides:-
> -integration with  myFaces

No not currently - the only integration is via Servlets, HTTP or Ajax so far

> -integrates with Spring

Yes

>  -portlets support

No

>  In the opensource AppFuse application, DWR integrates with Spring and
> MyFaces and also supports portlets.
>
>  Hence, We are contemplating whether to use DWR or Ajax/ActiveMQ to provide
> server-push feature in our
> application, based on the above clarifications.
>
> We greatly appreciate your advise for the above queries.

It would be trivial to write a DWR POJO which sent messages to
ActiveMQ if you prefer to use DWR. You could also use Lingo to perform
the 'spring remoting' on JMS to save you writing any explicit JMS code

http://lingo.codehaus.org/
--

James
-------