activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject XMPP support (Jabber) available in the main trunk
Date Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:40:14 GMT
Just a heads up, I've added XMPP support back into ActiveMQ (we had
some experimental support a long time go that's been sitting in the
sandbox for a while).

This allows any Jabber application (or GoogleTalk) to communicate with
the ActiveMQ broker. Currently all names in XMPP map to Topics; am
sure we can figure out a way to support queues as well later on.

There's some documentation and a demo walk through available here...

 http://activemq.org/site/xmpp.html

The nice thing about the XMPP support is you can use your Jabber
client as a quick way to test out your installation & watch things
happening in development etc.

--

James
-------