activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: NMS Provider for Tibco EMS?
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:06:23 GMT
Hi Dave,

On 10/20/06, Dave68 <dgmathew@rockwellcollins.com> wrote:

> Hi, am I correct in thinking that the current NMS source supports the
> Apache
> ActiveMQ server only?  I would like to write a client that can talk to a
> Tibco EMS server.  Do I have to implement a provider in order to do this,
> or
> is there one already available?  If so how do I go about it?  Would the

NMS is very similar to JMS.  It is basically just a set of interfaces to an
abstract messaging service.  Right now we have an implementation of the
interfaces for ActiveMQ, and work has started to implement them for MSQM,
but no one has started one for EMS.  So, you would need to implement a NMS
client for EMS.

provider reside on the server or the client?  Unfortunately bridging from

If you implement a EMS implementation of the NMS interfaces, that would be
logic that is running the client that should be accessing EMS server.  And
that might be hard if you don't know how to access the EMS server.  Does EMS
provide c# APIs? or is it's networking protocol well defined?  If not
perhaps you can still access it by calling some C apis from C#.

Apache to Tibco is not an option.  Can a client support multiple providers
> at one time?

Yes!

Thanks