activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Release schedule
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2006 23:53:32 GMT
On 10/4/06, yaussy <yaussy@cboe.com> wrote:

> Sorry about that.  I'd forgotten about the wireformat stuff.  Looks like you
> can set AMQ 4.1 minimum wire format to 1 and then it will connect to AMQ
> 4.0.2 (still breaks with AMQ 4.0.1, but 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 work together).
> This gives me the rollout path we need.

Since 4.0.2 has not been officially released, which 4.0.2 versin are
you using? RC4 ?

I think 4.0.2 RC 4 should be able to connecto the 4.1 without any
config changes.  A small bug in 4.0 was fixed in 4.0.2 that fixes auto
wirefomat versin negociation.

> Two things though:
>
> 1) I could not get multiple connection properties on the TCP connectors,
> such as
> tcp://perfgc1a::5112?minmumWireFormatVersion=1&connectionTimeout=5000.  The
> XML parser complained.  How should this look??

in XML you need replace all the '&' with '&amp;'

> 2) Even with minmumWireFormatVersion=1, will two AMQ 4.1 brokers connect
> using their newer v2 format?

Hum they should.  Sees odd that the default is not 1... it should be
1.  I'll double check.

Thanks for testing this stuff out!