activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: [activemq-cpp] It now compiles under cygwin
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 19:21:37 GMT
On 10/3/06, Bish, Tim <Tim.Bish@sensis.com> wrote:
> > > There are some issues using the cygwin compiler, mainly that the
> tests
> > > won't pass as the sockets all break for strange reasons.  Although
> Mingw
> > > isn't much better in this regard.  It did also seem to have trouble
> >
> > Yeah.. winsock sux. :)
>
> Yes it does.  Although from devstudio builds, this works fine, its only
> using cygwins hacked up win32api stuff that breaks it.
>

> > > compiling under cygwin on various machines for reason that I could
> never
> > > explain (oh the joy of using Cygwin).  I've got no problem using it
> so
> > > long as it works :)
> >
> > I hope we get it at that stage soon!
> >

> > > I tried running the autogen.sh in my cygwin bash shell and this is
> what
> > > I get
> > >
> > > /usr/share/aclocal/pstoedit.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of
> > > AM_PATH_PSTOEDIT
> > >   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
> > >   or see
> > > http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
> > > /usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17: warning: underquoted definition
> of
> > > AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT
> >
> > This is a warnning I used to get with cppunit too.. It can be safely
> > ignored but if you want to get rid of the warnning, send me what you
> > have in the /usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4 file at line 17 and I'll
> > send you back what you need to update it with.
>
> AC_DEFUN is line 17
>
> dnl AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT([MINIMUM-VERSION, [ACTION-IF-FOUND [,
> ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND ]]])
> dnl Test for libmcrypt, and define LIBMCRYPT_CFLAGS and LIBMCRYPT_LIBS
> dnl
> AC_DEFUN(AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT,

Change this line to:
AC_DEFUN([AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT],

> [dnl
> dnl Get the cflags and libraries from the libmcrypt-config script
> dnl
>

> > > aclocal:configure.ac:43: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found
> in
> > > library
> >
> > Run cygwin setup and install libtool
>
> Installed this, thought I had that already :)
>

> > > aclocal:configure.ac:57: warning: macro `AM_PATH_CPPUNIT' not found
> in
> > > library
> >
> > Run cygwin setup and install cppunit.
>
> The version that cygwin wants to put on is 1.9.14 which we could not
> compile against previously, I had to download the latest an install it
> from source in order to get it working way back when.  Is this the
> version you have installed?

doh..  I may need to look into this some more.  Basically what you
want to do is installed the cppunit.m4 file to either the
activemq-cpp/m4 directory or the /usr/share/aclocal
Once it's there it should get picked up and be good to go.  But I
would have thought that if you built cppunit from source it would have
installed the m4 file to the right place.

We should look into seeing if that .m4 file can be redistributed so
that we can just check it into our m4 directory.  I've got a feeling
that it can be redistributed since it just gets sourced into the
configure script when you run autogen.sh

--
Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com