activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Dhawan, Vikram \(LNG-DAY\)" <vikram.dha...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject activemq.prefetchSize behavior concerns in STOMP C client
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 14:45:17 GMT
Hi,

I am using STOMP C client with latest build available of AMQ (pre 4.0.2
10/17 build). I have some questions about how prefetchSize is affecting
my client working. My STOMP C consumer is implemented in a way that once
it connected to the AMQ server it loops and reads all the messages in
the particular queue. And once all the messages are read it disconnects.

What I am seeing here is if I have a prefetchSize value set then it only
reads messages up to the prefetchSize value and then it blocks at the
stomp_read call. If I don't have any prefetchSize value set then it
loops and stomp_read reads all the messages in the queue.

But my Openwire java client doesn't behave similarly. Even if I have a
prefetchSize set to a small value in java client every nextMessage()
call gives me a message if there is any message in the queue.

I am not sure why there is different in prefetchSize working in STOMP
and java client. Is this expected behavior?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Vik