activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Dhawan, Vikram \(LNG-DAY\)" <vikram.dha...@lexisnexis.com>
Subject RE: STOMP client hang problem with auto-ack
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 04:57:51 GMT
Hiram,

I tried to get the stack trace (on unix its <Ctrl>\). I was not getting
any useful information out of it. Basically there was nothing coming on
trace when I was seeing my consumer hung.

I got curious about the stability of the SNAPSHOT releases, so when I
ran the same consumer with AMQ 4.0.1 it was not hanging. But 9/25
SNAPSHOT release was hanging.

Today I downloaded the latest SNAPSHOT 10/17 and tried it also it is
hanging as well. But if I set the "activemq.prefetchSize" to 1 then only
its hanging but if I remove the prefetchSize header property at the
subscribe time, it doesn't hang and my while loop works and it pulls all
the message from the queue.

I don't understand why it's happening because if I run my consumer with
AMQ-4.0.1 (old release) with "activemq.prefetchSize=1" my while loop
works and it does not hang and my consumer pulls out all the messages
from the queue. It seems like prefetchSize is only causing issue in the
post 4.0.1 release (SNAPSHOT 9/25 and 10/17). Is it an expected
behavior?

I want to mention one important thing about my STOMP client
implementation I have a connect and subscribe call and after that I have
a while loop which is having "stomp_read" calls and ack's in it.

Please let me know if you have any other question.

Thanks!

Vik