activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <>
Subject Problem with latest 4.1 SNAPSHOT when broker name is set
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2006 06:04:41 GMT
Folks, there is a problem with the latest 4.1 SNAPSHOT when a broker
name is set.  It causes 2 brokers to be created... and I think it is
because of the newly added CommandAgent service which is added to the
brokers default services when started.  It is using vm://localhost,
which appears to be creating a new Broker using the name "localhost"
when the broker it is attached to has a different name.

For example:

BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();

Will end up creating a broker name "foo" and then another named

Where, this will create one broker, named "localhost":

BrokerService broker = new BrokerService();

I'm not really sure how vm://* works with respect to broker names...
so I can not say for sure what the fix is, or why this is happening.
But I can say for sure that the above snips create 2 and 1 brokers

We noticed this while trying to track down a rouge activemq-data
directory which kept popping up in Geronimo, which for some reason
had its broker gbean set to create a broker with the name "possibly-
unique-broker".  I've fixed this by only setting the broker name if
it is non-null, and then commenting out the brokerName attributed in
the plan, but something is definitely broke on your side of the fence
wrt broker names and vm:// transports.

View raw message