activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Rob Davies <rajdav...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build fails with SVN checkout
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2006 12:26:32 GMT
the command you need is mvn eclipse:eclipse - which will build the
eclipse .project file for you.

What I'd recommend (if your not already doing this) is:

1. build activemq in a separate area from your eclipse workspace -
mvn install -Dmaven.test.skip=true
2. build all the eclipse projects - mvn eclipse:eclipse
3. ensure the M2_REPO variable is set in eclipse  to your maven repo
(usually located in your home directory - called .m2/repository).
Your can set the variable from the eclipse properties dialog (ADD
variable)
4. Use Eclipse  -> File -> Import -> import existing properties into
workspace - to import the bits of activemq you want

apologies if you already know how to do this!

cheers,

Rob

On 12 Oct 2006, at 12:44, ngcutura wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am using Eclipse. When I do as you suggested from the command
> line, I get
> "Build Successful". When start Eclipse again, I have the same
> errors as
> before.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Regards,
> NGC
>

> rajdavies wrote:
>>
>> try changing directory to activemq/activemq-openwire-generator - and
>> do mvn install from there - then the build should work from the top
>> directory.
>> Please note - there's some failing test cases at the moment - just
>> fixing ...
>>
>> cheers,
>>
>> Rob
>> On 12 Oct 2006, at 09:28, ngcutura wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Here are the errors Maven reports. I have direct access to the
>>> Internet, no
>>> proxy. Where can I find the missing files for manual download?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> NGC

>>> 12.10.06. 08.59.54 CEST: Missing:
>>> ----------
>>> 1) com.sun:tools:jar:1.4.2
>>>
>>>   Try downloading the file manually from the project website.
>>>
>>>   Then, install it using the command:
>>>       mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=com.sun -
>>> DartifactId=tools \
>>>           -Dversion=1.4.2 -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file
>>>
>>>   Path to dependency:
>>>   	1)
>>> org.apache.activemq:activemq-openwire-generator:jar:4.1-incubator-
>>> SNAPSHOT
>>>   	2) com.sun:tools:jar:1.4.2

>>> 1 required artifact is missing.
>>>
>>> for artifact:
>>> org.apache.activemq:activemq-openwire-generator-4.1-incubator-