activemq-dev mailing list archives

From yaussy <yau...@cboe.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE RESULT] Release Apache ActiveMQ 4.0.2 (RC 4)
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 19:49:51 GMT

I will open an issue on this to track it separately.  I was able to reproduce
it, and I have a comparison kill-3 from when startup works properly.
Hopefully, it will be illuminating.

yaussy wrote:

> Dang it.  Figures that trying to report this early means that I can't
> reproduce the problem again.  If I'm not seeing things, then the problem
> figures to be timing related.  I'll keep trying.  I'm currently looking at
> a couple different issues with regards to 4.0.2 (AMQ-957 and AMQ-776) and
> hit this problem.
>

> yaussy wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, should have included this important detail:
>>
>> If you start the brokers in the opposite order, everything works
>> correctly.  I.e.:
>>
>> 1) Start broker B
>> 2) Start broker A
>> 3) start consumer C against broker A, on FOO
>> 4) start publisher P against broker B, on FOO
>>

>> yaussy wrote:
>>>
>>> Thought I'd throw this out there, even though I haven't tested it
>>> completely.  But, I just ran into a problem this morning like the
>>> following (using the ProducerTool and ConsumerTool from the
>>> distribution):
>>>
>>> 1) Start broker A (has a network connection to broker B)
>>> 2) Start broker B (has a network connection to broker A)