activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Bish, Tim" <Tim.B...@Sensis.com>
Subject RE: [activemq-cpp] It now compiles under cygwin
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 18:47:17 GMT
> On 10/3/06, Bish, Tim <Tim.Bish@sensis.com> wrote:
> > There are some issues using the cygwin compiler, mainly that the
tests
> > won't pass as the sockets all break for strange reasons.  Although
Mingw
> > isn't much better in this regard.  It did also seem to have trouble
>
> Yeah.. winsock sux. :)

Yes it does.  Although from devstudio builds, this works fine, its only
using cygwins hacked up win32api stuff that breaks it.

> > compiling under cygwin on various machines for reason that I could
never
> > explain (oh the joy of using Cygwin).  I've got no problem using it
so
> > long as it works :)
>
> I hope we get it at that stage soon!
>

> > I tried running the autogen.sh in my cygwin bash shell and this is
what
> > I get
> >
> > /usr/share/aclocal/pstoedit.m4:7: warning: underquoted definition of
> > AM_PATH_PSTOEDIT
> >   run info '(automake)Extending aclocal'
> >   or see
> > http://sources.redhat.com/automake/automake.html#Extending-aclocal
> > /usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4:17: warning: underquoted definition
of
> > AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT
>
> This is a warnning I used to get with cppunit too.. It can be safely
> ignored but if you want to get rid of the warnning, send me what you
> have in the /usr/share/aclocal/libmcrypt.m4 file at line 17 and I'll
> send you back what you need to update it with.

AC_DEFUN is line 17

dnl AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT([MINIMUM-VERSION, [ACTION-IF-FOUND [,
ACTION-IF-NOT-FOUND ]]])
dnl Test for libmcrypt, and define LIBMCRYPT_CFLAGS and LIBMCRYPT_LIBS
dnl
AC_DEFUN(AM_PATH_LIBMCRYPT,
[dnl
dnl Get the cflags and libraries from the libmcrypt-config script
dnl

> > aclocal:configure.ac:43: warning: macro `AM_PROG_LIBTOOL' not found
in
> > library
>
> Run cygwin setup and install libtool

Installed this, thought I had that already :)

> > aclocal:configure.ac:57: warning: macro `AM_PATH_CPPUNIT' not found
in
> > library
>
> Run cygwin setup and install cppunit.

The version that cygwin wants to put on is 1.9.14 which we could not
compile against previously, I had to download the latest an install it
from source in order to get it working way back when.  Is this the
version you have installed?