activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Interop between AMQ versions?
Date Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:35:03 GMT
Hey, just curious if there is a plan (or maybe it already exists) to
provide support for interoperability between AMQ versions?  I ask,
because I recently started working on GBuild again, which uses AMQ...
I setup a 4.0.1 broker, but my clients were using the 4.1-incubator*
and 4.0.1 broker was puking out CNFE exceptions:

<snip>
Exception in thread "ActiveMQ Transport: tcp:///127.0.0.1:52264"
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid version: 2, could not
load org.apache.activemq.openwire.v2.MarshallerFactory
         at org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.setVersion
(OpenWireFormat.java:329)
         at
org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.renegociatWireFormat
(OpenWireFormat.java:569)
         at
org.apache.activemq.transport.WireFormatNegotiator.onCommand
(WireFormatNegotiator.java:100)
         at org.apache.activemq.transport.InactivityMonitor.onCommand
(InactivityMonitor.java:122)
         at org.apache.activemq.transport.TransportSupport.doConsume
(TransportSupport.java:87)
         at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run
(TcpTransport.java:143)
         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:613)
org.apache.activemq.openwire.v2.MarshallerFactory
         at org.apache.activemq.util.ClassLoading.loadClass
(ClassLoading.java:104)
         at org.apache.activemq.openwire.OpenWireFormat.setVersion
(OpenWireFormat.java:327)
         ... 6 more
</snip>

I think I am probably going to just embed a broker in each GBuild
node and use network connectors from the slaves back to the master
node for connectivity so that its easier to use the m2 deps from 4.1-
incubator* to keep things in sync (among other reasons).

  * * *

But, just wondering if there was a plan for broader interop?

--jason