activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Status of OpenWire C Client
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 17:06:11 GMT
Sajendra,

On 9/21/06, sajendra <sajen@casero.com> wrote:

> Hiram,
>
> Thank you for your quick reply and advice.  Unfortunately I require a C
> client.

ah. too bad..

> Is there, or was there at any point a version of the C client which works?
> The latest version available in Subversion seems to be in a wierd state.  I
> do not mind working on the code, but would like to start with the best
> possible codebase.

The biggest problem is that the openwire implementation is one of the
most complicated protocols and since there have not been to many
contributors interested in the C client, it has fallen by the wayside.
 Fortunately, activemq also supports a much simpler protocol called
STOMP and it's client implementation is much simpler and more robust
than the openwire one.

You can get that client by running:

svn co http://svn.codehaus.org/stomp/trunk/c/

you just by browsing to http://svn.codehaus.org/stomp/trunk/c/