activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Dhawan, Vikram \(LNG-DAY\)" <>
Subject RE: Status of OpenWire C Client
Date Fri, 22 Sep 2006 14:08:42 GMT
Hi Hiram,

I don't see STOMP C client that complete either. It may be something at
the AMQ server side also. Message selectors are not working for me when
I am using STOMP C client.

Another issue I noticed yesterday is I have to actually disconnect (send
disconnect command to AMQ server) after sending every message to my
queue. I don't think this efficient.

-----Original Message-----
From: [] On Behalf Of Hiram
Sent: Thursday, September 21, 2006 1:06 PM
Subject: Re: Status of OpenWire C Client

On 9/21/06, sajendra <> wrote:
> Hiram,
> Thank you for your quick reply and advice.  Unfortunately I require a
> client.

ah. too bad..

> Is there, or was there at any point a version of the C client which
> The latest version available in Subversion seems to be in a wierd
state.  I
> do not mind working on the code, but would like to start with the best
> possible codebase.

The biggest problem is that the openwire implementation is one of the
most complicated protocols and since there have not been to many
contributors interested in the C client, it has fallen by the wayside.
 Fortunately, activemq also supports a much simpler protocol called
STOMP and it's client implementation is much simpler and more robust
than the openwire one.

You can get that client by running:

svn co

you just by browsing to