activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Kelly Campbell" <>
Subject Re: SSL authentication/authorization patch
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 18:55:55 GMT
Thanks for getting this submitted Sepand, and thanks for patching it in Hiram.

I'm looking at how best to configure the keystore settings more
dynamically without using the default system properties or anything in
the URL. It looks like I'd need to be able to pass in a or SSLSocketFactory. I'd also like to be able
to pass these in so I can provide an implementation that does some
extra security checks, e.g. checking that the server's DN is what we
expect, turning off weak ciphers.

The part I'm struggling with now is where to create this API for the
client. Should it be a new constructor on ActiveMQConnectionFactory,
or should I add a new overridden ActiveMQSecureConnectionFactory? Or
should I just override it in my own code base, and not have this in
the activemq code at all?

On 9/11/06, Hiram Chirino <> wrote:
> starting to look into it now. thx for the patch!
> On 9/5/06, Sepand M <> wrote:
> > Hey guys,
> >
> > The patch is done.
> > It's here:
> > Hope you like it.
> > It would be really great if you could give an estimate of when you will
> > decide if it goes in or not (although I doubt you can =) ).
> >
> > Regards,
> > Sepand
> >

> --
> Regards,