activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to create a temporary Queue
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:08:16 GMT
On 8/23/06, Naveen Rawat <naveen@in.effectsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Thanks for the response,
>

> > > * -  It has been said that a temporary queue vanishes along with the
> > > creating client. But I am getting this unwanted privilge of having it
> > even
> > > after my client ends. How it could be possible?
> >
> > The Destination object doesn't disappear but you will be unable to
> > send messages to it after the client which created it disappears (once
> > the broker detects its gone).
> >

> Whats the need of keeping it there if it cannot be used again.

We're not keeping it there :).

The Destination objects are like URL classes; they can be attached to
messages or held in client's RAM - the broker can't really go around
every JVM and make sure they don't happen to have a reference to a non
existent destination lying around

> there will only mitigate the broker's resources.

The broker resources have been removed when the client disconnected.

>  How could be this temporary
> destination be removed (somewhere it was suggested to use purge(), but I
> could not find any such function in the openwire cpp APIs I m using.)

They are removed automatically when a client disconnects.

This FAQ entry might help you understand that a Destination is not the
same thing as a broker's resources for queues....

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-do-i-create-new-destinations.html

--

James
-------