activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Queue hogging by a single consumer.
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 11:10:27 GMT
On 8/17/06, Naveen Rawat <naveen@in.effectsoft.com> wrote:
> Hi James,
>
> Thanks for your response.
>

> > Are you trying to implement request-response with A, B, C making
> > requests on Z and getting the response? Or can A, B, C process any
> > message from Z?
>

> Exactly the first case.
> A, B, C making requests on Z and getting the response from Z
>

> > I'm not sure if your issue is that say A doesn't see the responses for
> > its request (if thats the case use either 3 queues, use temporary
> > queues for the responses or use a selector and a correlationID on the
> > request & response) - or is it that you have a small number of
> > case setting a small prefetch and a round robin dispatch policy will
> > fix this.
>

> Its that,  A doesn't see the responses for its requests made.
>
> I would really appreciate if I can get some help stuff on -
>         1) Creating, destroying and maintaining data in temporary queues.
>         2) Setting selector and correlationID in messages.

Details here

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/how-should-i-implement-request-response-with-jms.html

for 1) just call session.createTemporaryQueue() and set that queue on
the Message.setJMSReplyTo() property so that services can reply to
your temporary queue. They are deleted when A terminates so there's no
issue with maintaining data.

for 2) just add a JMSCorrelationID() to the request messages you send
as requests. You can then use a selector such as "JMSCorrelationID =
'abc'" on the consumer for responses so that responses are filtered to
only return A's results etc

The contract of Z whichever option you go with is the to copy the
JMSCorrelationID property from the request to the response message and
send the response message to the request.getJMSReployTo() destination

--

James
-------