activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: activemq architecture with jboss
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2006 08:15:12 GMT
On 8/16/06, masien <massimiliano.iennaco@enterpriseda.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> Execuse me but i am new in JMS and ActiveMQ...
> I'd like to create an architecture with a client that send messages to 2
> brokers (in cluster) and a MDB that consume the messages.
> Must I use JBOSS for use MDB?

MDBs are supported by all J2EE application servers so you can take
your pick there.

Also there are Message Driven POJOs if you don't want to go the J2EE route

http://jencks.org/Message+Driven+POJOs

> In this case, must i have two instance of Jboss in order to avoid the single
> point of failure?
> That is a good road???
> Help me...it is very important.

Whether you use 1 broker or 2 in a cluster - I recommend running
multiple JVMs preferably on different boxes of the JMS clients (the
producers and consumers). Whether you use Tomcat or JBoss or just a
regular JVM is your call, whatever you are comfortable with.

--

James
-------