activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Multi-server admin tool
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:43:10 GMT
On 8/10/06, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> On 8/10/06, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
> > We've got a web app which right now manages a single (currently local)
> > broker but it could easily be changed to use JMX to connect to a
> > remote broker. It allows you browse destinations, create destinations,
> > send messages, browse queues and so forth.
> >
> > We could maybe look to expanding that to allow brokers to be
> > discovered & managed?
>
> OK, but we may want to make it another layer.  Like, if you're at the
> "view many brokers" layer, you get a simple red-light/green-light and
> can so some simple aggregation/reporting/operations at that level.
> (Like, generate a report on all destinations on all brokers, or list
> all brokers with/without a specific destination, or show the queue
> length of some queue on all brokers, or whatever.)  Then perhaps you
> could drill down into a single server to get the more detailed
> single-server view offered by the current web app.
>
> What do you think?

Sounds good.

Am thnking its easiest to put all of this in a single web app and
depending on the person/config it boots up in single-broker mode or in
discover-brokers mode etc

>From a purely implementation perspective we could maybe piggy back on
the broker-broker discovery features we have so that the
broker-in-the-web-app could discover other brokers etc.

Or we could maybe use Lingo's JMX-over-JMS

http://lingo.codehaus.org/JMX+over+JMS
--

James
-------