activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Multi-server admin tool
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:12:38 GMT
On 8/10/06, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:
> All,
>
> It would be great if there was a tool that you could point to a number
> of ActiveMQ servers, and it would give you status (up/down) as well as
> statistics (defined destinations and queue length and whatnot) and
> some management operations (add/remove destination, etc.).  I'm not
> looking for something generic and exhaustive, more something less
> complete but more specialized for an administrator trying to perform
> some basic monitoring and maintenance on one or more clusters of
> ActiveMQ servers (or possibly a large cluster of app servers with
> independent ActiveMQ brokers on each).
>
> My understanding is that there's really no such tool right now.  If
> that's true, I'd be happy to work on one, if we decide where it should
> go, and whether it would be best to make it a Swing app, a web app, or
> portlets.  Any thoughts?

Great idea!

We've got a web app which right now manages a single (currently local)
broker but it could easily be changed to use JMX to connect to a
remote broker. It allows you browse destinations, create destinations,
send messages, browse queues and so forth.

We could maybe look to expanding that to allow brokers to be
discovered & managed?
--

James
-------