activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Openwire C++ APIs minus "JMSXUserID"
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2006 08:09:14 GMT
BTW the codehaus mailing lists should not be used any more...

On 8/7/06, Naveen Rawat <naveen@in.effectsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi James, I regret this delayed feedback.
>

> >>On 8/1/06, Naveen Rawat <naveen@...> wrote:
> >>

> >> Hi all.
> >>

> >> I am using the binary version of ActiveMQ 4.0 broker and openwire cpp >>APIs
to interface my cpp server with the broker.
> >>   [  Openwire APIs being taken from -
> >>   svn co
> >> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/tags/activemq-4.0/openwire-cpp]
> >>

> >> Please help in solving my queries :-
> >>
> >> 1. Does the broker itself has the mechanism to support multiple senders >>to
a receiver listening on the same queue?

> >Yes
> >

> >> 2. Does openwire cpp APIs provides for maintaining Broker's >>Authentication
Policy? If not what could be the alternative.

> >You can send the userName and passsword to the broker when making a
> >connection. The security is then performed by the broker.
> >

> >> 3. How can a sender be authenticated among a senders?
> >
> >The broker can authorize individual consumers or sends to determine if
> >a user has the right to use a specific destination...
> >
> >http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/security.html
> >

> >>     My sender maintains a username and password for connecting to the >>broker
and I have set the populateJMSXUserID option to "true" in >>activemq.xml. The
> >> broker tag reads like -
> >>          <broker useJmx="true" populateJMSXUserID="true">
> >>
> >>     My sender connection creating code is as -
> >>         connection = factory->createConnection("naveen", "rawat") ;
> >>
> >>     Am I missing anything here?
> >
> >No - you should receive the JMSXUserID header on messages received.
>

> Does this UserID fetched from the received message's header has to be set to
> the reply message header - so as to make reply in synch with the particular
> sender client?

No - the broker sets this header. It is overrided by the broker so
whatever a client specifies will be ignored.

> Also, I am not getting any function as such in my set of OpenWire APIs to
> retreive the JMSXUserID from the message header. There are functions for
> manipulating other header options but not for JMSXUserID. My openwire APIs
> are from above mentioned svn location. Am I missing on it or it is actually
> not there?

It should appear as a header called "JMSXUserID" on any client
(openwire or stomp).

--

James
-------