activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduate to a TLP?
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 16:24:05 GMT
On 8/1/06, Brian McCallister <brianm@apache.org> wrote:
> I'd like to start the ball rolling to have ActiveMQ graduate to a top
> level project at Apache.
>
> The original intent was to become a sub-project of Geronimo, but I
> think that this would be a disservice to ActiveMQ, which is quite
> capable of standing on it's own, and therefore, should be a project
> in itsef rather than expanding the G umbrella.

+1

> Looking over the incubator checklist, everything seems to have been
> completed, we have been making releases (a good sign that a project
> has it together) and I do believe it is time :-)
>
> Thoughts?

+1. I think we're ready.

As someone who is from time to time mystified by the Incubator I'm not
sure if the Incubator PMC will be convinced but I'm not aware of
anything else we need to do on the checklist so lets at least make an
attempt to try convince them :).

Lets continue to discus here a little while to see if others have any
ideas of what we need to do. Then once we have completed the 4.0.2
release and the new committer vote is complete, we could bring this up
on general@incubator.

--

James
-------