activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Openwire C++ and Authentication Policies
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2006 09:12:46 GMT
On 8/1/06, Naveen Rawat <naveen@in.effectsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi all.
>

> I am using the binary version of ActiveMQ 4.0 broker and openwire cpp APIs
> to interface my cpp server with the broker.
>   [  Openwire APIs being taken from -
>   svn co
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/activemq/tags/activemq-4.0/openwi
> re-cpp]
>

> Please help in solving my queries :-
>
> 1. Does the broker itself has the mechanism to support multiple senders to a
> receiver listening on the same queue?

Yes

> 2. Does openwire cpp APIs provides for maintaining Broker's Authentication
> Policy? If not what could be the alternative.

You can send the userName and passsword to the broker when making a
connection. The security is then performed by the broker.

> 3. How can a sender be authenticated among a senders?

The broker can authorize individual consumers or sends to determine if
a user has the right to use a specific destination...

http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/security.html

>     My sender maintains a username and password for connecting to the broker
> and I have set the populateJMSXUserID option to "true" in activemq.xml. The
> broker tag reads like -
>          <broker useJmx="true" populateJMSXUserID="true">
>
>     My sender connection creating code is as -
>         connection = factory->createConnection("naveen", "rawat") ;
>
>     Am I missing anything here?

No - you should receive the JMSXUserID header on messages received.

> 4. For the above created sender is it required for the consumer to
> authenticate sender or is it solely the ActiveMQ job?

The broker does the authentication and authorization. The JMSXUserID
is purely so a consumer can see the userName of the sender (and since
the broker specifies this it can't be spoofed).
--

James
-------