activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Naveen Rawat" <nav...@in.effectsoft.com>
Subject Re: Queue hogging by a single consumer.
Date Fri, 18 Aug 2006 09:15:25 GMT

Hi James,

Thanks for the information. I liked your reasoning enough that I am now
using CorrelationID in place of GroupID with equal ease. The issue that
caused the rising of this mail seems solved for the moment.

But,

I m facing certain problems using temporary queues for transient responses.
Initiating this issue with a new context. See you there :)

> That sounds fine - it doesn't really matter what header you use as the
> 'correlation token', you could make up your own header if you wish.
>
> Though the reason I said to use JMSCorrelationID was that most well
> behaving JMS services should always copy the JMSCorrelationID from any
> incoming message and apply it to the outbound message. So using
> JMSCorrelationID is more loosely coupled & should work with any JMS
> service.
>
> In this case on the client side (A, B, C) there is no real gain in
> using Message Groups - which are designed to perform sticky load
> balancing of requests - since you are already using a selector meaning
> that there will be only 1 consumer of a message so nothing to load
> balance. You might want to use message groups on the service side of
> things - the Z - so that you could perform sitcky load balancing if
> you have a pool of Z consumers.

		THANKS IN ADVANCE

Regards,
Navin