activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Sepand M" <sepa...@gmail.com>
Subject Where to add new SSL BrokerService functionality
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 01:28:59 GMT
Hi all,

As some of you may know, I'm working on an SSL client certificate
authorization system for ActiveMQ. I've gotten some of the basics done
and am trying to create a way of ensuring that SSL client certificates
are used.

I see two options (and I strongly prefer the second one):
1. The client would add the proper "option" to the URI they bind to on
the broker side (e.g URI="localhost:61616?needClientAuth=true").

2. Adding a method to the BrokerService that enables this functionality.

Unless someone suggests something different, I'm choosing method 2.
The problem is I can't decide if I should subclass the existing
BrokerService or add the menthioned method to the existing
BrokerService class.

So far, BrokerService seems to be doing everything and it has no
subclasses, but I'm wondering how much more can be crammed into it and
if SSL functionality should be built into the general purpose broker.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Sepand