activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Hiram Chirino" <hi...@hiramchirino.com>
Subject Re: Implementing prefetchSize=0
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:28:40 GMT
I'm not convinced that this is needed.  As I commented on the previous
thread, the only reason that this is a problem is that a single thread
is creating multiple consumers.  If you use a single consumer, per
thread this would not be an issue.

Regards,
Hiram

On 8/8/06, Pesochinskiy, Vadim (MSCIBARRA)
<Vadim.Pesochinskiy@mscibarra.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am trying to figure out how this can be done.
>
> As I understand messages are forwarded by the queue to every consumer
> (PrefetchSubscription). As long as number of messages dispatched does
> not exceed the prefetchSize, messages are send to the client. As soon as
> messages are acked more messages are dispatched to the client.
>
> When I set prefetchSize=0 no messages are ever delivered. In this case
> instead of pushing messages from the server, they will have to be
> requested by the client every time receive() or receiveNoWait() is
> called. Are you OK with this impelementation?
>
> BTW, are you guys convinced that AMQ-855 is an issue that needs to be
> resolved? To remind you, I need multiple consumers to implement our
> prioriteis requirements. In some cases consumers maybe be idle for a
> long time and as a result they hold real-time messages, which otherwise
> could to be processed by other consumers.
>
> https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-855
>
> http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=5583273&framed=y
>
> NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender. Sender does not intend
to waive confidentiality or privilege. Use of this email is prohibited when received in error.

--
Regards,
Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com