activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Pesochinskiy, Vadim \(MSCIBARRA\)" <Vadim.Pesochins...@mscibarra.com>
Subject Implementing prefetchSize=0
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 20:11:42 GMT
Hi!

I am trying to figure out how this can be done.

As I understand messages are forwarded by the queue to every consumer
(PrefetchSubscription). As long as number of messages dispatched does
not exceed the prefetchSize, messages are send to the client. As soon as
messages are acked more messages are dispatched to the client.

When I set prefetchSize=0 no messages are ever delivered. In this case
instead of pushing messages from the server, they will have to be
requested by the client every time receive() or receiveNoWait() is
called. Are you OK with this impelementation?

BTW, are you guys convinced that AMQ-855 is an issue that needs to be
resolved? To remind you, I need multiple consumers to implement our
prioriteis requirements. In some cases consumers maybe be idle for a
long time and as a result they hold real-time messages, which otherwise
could to be processed by other consumers.

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=5583273&framed=y