activemq-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Where to add new SSL BrokerService functionality
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 06:10:40 GMT
Conceptually you need both.
-- the client needs a policy to say what kind of authentication it
will offer.  client cert is one choice.
-- the server needs a policy to say what kind of client
authentication it will accept.  client certs are one choice.

AFAICT these are your two options.

I'll repeat that IMO you should expand the choices to match what's in
corba csiv2.  Otherwise you are apt to implement little bits and
pieces in inconsistent and incompatible ways that will be very
difficult to extend to a set of reasonable choices.

thanks
david jencks