activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Re: Proposal: Multi-server admin tool
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:32:10 GMT
On 8/10/06, James Strachan <james.strachan@gmail.com> wrote:
> We've got a web app which right now manages a single (currently local)
> broker but it could easily be changed to use JMX to connect to a
> remote broker. It allows you browse destinations, create destinations,
> send messages, browse queues and so forth.
>
> We could maybe look to expanding that to allow brokers to be
> discovered & managed?

OK, but we may want to make it another layer.  Like, if you're at the
"view many brokers" layer, you get a simple red-light/green-light and
can so some simple aggregation/reporting/operations at that level.
(Like, generate a report on all destinations on all brokers, or list
all brokers with/without a specific destination, or show the queue
length of some queue on all brokers, or whatever.)  Then perhaps you
could drill down into a single server to get the more detailed
single-server view offered by the current web app.

What do you think?

Thanks,
     Aaron