activemq-dev mailing list archives

From "Aaron Mulder" <ammul...@alumni.princeton.edu>
Subject Proposal: Multi-server admin tool
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:08:29 GMT
All,

It would be great if there was a tool that you could point to a number
of ActiveMQ servers, and it would give you status (up/down) as well as
statistics (defined destinations and queue length and whatnot) and
some management operations (add/remove destination, etc.).  I'm not
looking for something generic and exhaustive, more something less
complete but more specialized for an administrator trying to perform
some basic monitoring and maintenance on one or more clusters of
ActiveMQ servers (or possibly a large cluster of app servers with
independent ActiveMQ brokers on each).

My understanding is that there's really no such tool right now.  If
that's true, I'd be happy to work on one, if we decide where it should
go, and whether it would be best to make it a Swing app, a web app, or
portlets.  Any thoughts?

Thanks,
     Aaron