activemq-dev mailing list archives

From ahamad <>
Subject Re: How to create a temporary Queue
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 10:22:50 GMT

Hi James,

>We're not keeping it there :).

>The Destination objects are like URL classes; they can be attached to
>messages or held in client's RAM - the broker can't really go around
>every JVM and make sure they don't happen to have a reference to a non
>existent destination lying around

>The broker resources have been removed when the client disconnected.

But James, when I use top command this is not showing released resources.

>They are removed automatically when a client disconnects.

and when I use ./activemq query then this is also shows the queues which are
related with the disconnected client.

>This FAQ entry might help you understand that a Destination is not the
>same thing as a broker's resources for queues....

Pls clear all these issues, So that we can start our work.......

Sent from the ActiveMQ - Dev forum at

View raw message