activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Naveen Rawat <nav...@in.effectsoft.com>
Subject Re: How to create a temporary Queue
Date Wed, 23 Aug 2006 09:55:26 GMT

Hi James,

Thanks for the response,

> > * -  It has been said that a temporary queue vanishes along with the
> > creating client. But I am getting this unwanted privilge of having it
> even
> > after my client ends. How it could be possible?
>
> The Destination object doesn't disappear but you will be unable to
> send messages to it after the client which created it disappears (once
> the broker detects its gone).

Whats the need of keeping it there if it cannot be used again. Its presence
there will only mitigate the broker's resources. How could be this temporary
destination be removed (somewhere it was suggested to use purge(), but I
could not find any such function in the openwire cpp APIs I m using.)

My implementation needs writing non-persistent (fire and forget) clients -
web clients, for which I need queues that gets created and destroyed with
every client session. If temporary queue does not disappears, can I think of
any other sort of queues (or say a queue implementation) that can be created
and destroyed with every client session.

> > * - And then my server's
> >                 MessageProducer.send(destination, message);
> > statements gives an exception like -
> >
> > INFO  Service                        - Sync error occurred:
> > javax.jms.JMSException: The destination
> > temp-queue://e849faa0-746f-4258-a650-ea04231a1082:1 does not exist.
> > javax.jms.JMSException: The destination
> > temp-queue://e849faa0-746f-4258-a650-ea04231a1082:1 does not exist.
> >         at
> >
> org.apache.activemq.broker.region.AbstractRegion.lookup(AbstractRegion.java:249)
>
> See above, the destination cannot be used as the client has disconnected

Sorry James, I forget to tell you here that this exception arrived when my
client (temp. queue creator) was still there and not disconnected. Please
help me understand this behavior.

                    THANKS IN ADVANCE

With Regards,
Navin