activemq-dev mailing list archives

From bmadigan <bmadi...@orbitz.com>
Subject Re: build local binary distribution
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2006 16:18:20 GMT

Sorry, I should have mentioned before that I was working in the 4.0.2
snapshot.
Using maven 1 I get the same results.
I have tried:
maven1 clean install

in assembly:
maven1 assembly:assembly

both build successfully.
When I untar the tar file in assembly/target, it is missing the
incubator-activemq-4.0.2.jar that I would expect to see in the distribution.
So I copy it in to the untarred directory and run bin/activemq

(I added the printStackTrace in main()):
ACTIVEMQ_HOME:
/home/bmadigan/Applications/activemq-4.0/assembly/target/incubator-activemq-4.0.2-SNAPSHOT
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/activemq/broker/BrokerFactory
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.startBroker(StartCommand.java:82)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.StartCommand.runTask(StartCommand.java:47)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:50)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.runTask(ShellCommand.java:82)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.AbstractCommand.execute(AbstractCommand.java:50)
        at
org.apache.activemq.console.command.ShellCommand.main(ShellCommand.java:46)
        at
        at
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.runTaskClass(Main.java:136)
        at org.apache.activemq.console.Main.main(Main.java:68)

In the shell script, there doesnt appear to be a classpath. I don't see any
difference between the snapshot tar and any binary tar that I download, so
I'm not sure whats missing.