activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Komandur <sridharkoman...@komandur.com>
Subject Re: Proposal: Multi-server admin tool
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:43:19 GMT

I think this would be a great value add to Activemq.  I have given some
thought to this
use case, and here is a proposal:

Phase 1:
Provide an aggregate view of 'producing' and 'consuming' capacities (treat
the Network of brokers as if it were a 'logical broker').  For example,
customer points their browser to http://my_logical_broker.mydomain.com and
views graphical representation of capacities (similar to network flow tools)
and has the ability to drill down for more detailed info. Behind the scenes,
customer connects to 'any' of the real brokers behind the logical broker
(http://my_logical_broker.mydomain.com, in the example) without a
'monitoring single point of failure'.

Phase 2: of this idea will enable a customer to do some operations (e.g.,
add/delete consuming capacities) right from that screen.

In terms of implimentation details, think of my_logical_broker.mydomain.com
as an SRV entry in the DNS.