activemq-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Pesochinsky <Vadim.Pesochins...@mscibarra.com>
Subject Implementing prefetchSize=0
Date Tue, 08 Aug 2006 23:00:38 GMT

Somehow my e-mail message did not go through. Re-trying with nabble.

Hi!

I am trying to figure out how this can be done.

As I understand messages are forwarded by the queue to every consumer
(PrefetchSubscription). As long as number of messages dispatched does not
exceed the prefetchSize, messages are send to the client. As soon as
messages are acked more messages are dispatched to the client.

When I set prefetchSize=0 no messages are ever delivered. In this case
instead of pushing messages from the server, they will have to be requested
by the client every time receive() or receiveNoWait() is called. Are you OK
with this impelementation?

BTW, are you guys convinced that AMQ-855 is an issue that needs to be
resolved? To remind you, I need multiple consumers to implement our
prioriteis requirements. In some cases consumers maybe be idle for a long
time and as a result they hold real-time messages, which otherwise could to
be processed by other consumers.

http://www.nabble.com/forum/ViewPost.jtp?post=5583273&framed=y